How to play guide for The Dark Eye: Book of Heroes
This page will serve as a basic how to play guide for The Dark Eye: Book of Heroes. While there is very little information available at this time, we urge you to check back often, as new information is being added all the time! Feel free to edit this guide with any tips, tricks, and suggestions.
Basic gameplay[edit | edit source]
Controls[edit | edit source]
The camera can be moved with WASD on the keyboard. The following are the hotkeys used in the game.
- [C] Character Info
- [J] Journal
- [I] Inventory
- [M] Map
- [T] Chat Wheel
- [R] Search
- [H] Hide
- [V] Switch active weapon set
- [F] Toggle Follow/Stay for henchmen
- [SPACE] Toggle Pause (in single player)
- [X] Zoom In
- [Z] Zoom Out
- [ALT] Show Interactable Objects
- [ENTER] Open Chat window to type a message
Tips and tricks[edit | edit source]
- Clicking a character's portrait centers the camera on that character and continues to follow them as they move.
- Equipment can be shared between the party in multiplayer by dropping it to the ground by dragging from the inventory.
- Striking an enemy from stealth gives a noticeable damage boost, provided the attack hits.
- Carrying around loot that contains a lot of iron is detrimental to a spellcaster's ability to cast spells due to the Iron Ban.
- Resting when not inside a Safe Room (an icon of a campfire on the map) can cause more enemies to appear to harass the adventurers.
- If a hero has Animal Lore they can attempt to pacify wild beasts such as wolves and bears to get them to fight beside them.
- A locked wooden door can be bashed with the usage of Feat of Strength if the key cannot be found.
- In certain adventures the enemies can lay traps to inconvenience any adventurers looking to disturb their banditry.
- A Poisoned hero can be cured by either drinking an Antidote or the use of Treat Poison. If the attempt fails, there is a cooldown to try again.
- A character that is Poisoned cannot benefit from Resting. They need to be cured of the condition first.
- The trader at the Inn sells items to aspiring adventurers that make Resting more comfortable and effective.
- Switching between different weapon sets can be advantageous, especially with crossbows that take a while to reload.
- When facing skeletons, consider using Impact Weapons for maximum effectiveness. Swords and daggers are not the optimal weapon and do only half the damage they do normally.
- Certain items that are found when adventuring can give bonuses to specific Skill rolls.